Wednesday, August 26, 2009

JAZZ VISUAL INSPIRATION

I've taken some authorship in the notebooks I've photographed. The notebooks seem to be in a dark place. This is meant to start setting the tone of my research as it emerges into the approachable access of the blog. In our new typography book "Elements of typographic style", I've found one of my favorite phrases regarding design.... goes as follows__typography makes at least 2 kinds of sense if any: one is visual sense: two is historical sense.

this phrase begins to help me make sense of my process on the project at hand 'get more familiar by listening to their music, reading reviews of their performances and studying their background. Gather and/or produce a range of visual assets . Find info that is intriguing and distinguishes them as jazz musicians.


(colors, textures, rendering styles, photos and typefaces)



I began by looking for the root source of the Trio De Paz - and found out at least 3 major things that made great sense.

1/ the group formed their name based on an original EL TRIO DE PAZ. the origin played some different instruments. Essentially the original group was a collection of musicians that came together in the spirit of the writer singer songwriter ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM who was born in RIO DE JANIERO.

I looked through this mans written lyrics before I YOuTUbed him. ANd I was blown away by his words. the first one I read was AGUA DE BEBER or to drink water. I've read and watched dozens more but as of now I still plan to use the theme of that first song for my final symbolisms.

2 comments:

  1. The origins of the name being historic is something that you might want to continue to pursue.

    Cameron, can you tell me the source of the picture of the Dog/VISA? That's a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll show you, its from my book... historical book..... I'll bring it in on monday

    ReplyDelete

SUBMIT A THOUGHT